Thursday, April 1, 2010

JAWS

The Primary source for my term paper is the hit motion picture JAWS. I actually had a few reasons for choosing it. The first was I wanted to find a movie that a lot of people reacted too. I also wanted to find something that also used something real in life that people could form an opinion about. The last reason I choose this movie was there is tons of information about it, that is easy to get and easy to understand. Being a fan of the movie, when reading peoples reaction to the movie I can understand where they are coming from.
The main part of my argument will be how people perceived sharks, and how they created a so called shark phobia from visual media. I will argue that so many people saw this media that they started to become afraid of sharks. Then people using this fear started over fishing for sharks and putting up shark nets in swimming areas. These nets are harmful to the local marine population but peoples fear of sharks out weigh the cost of the marine life.
That is the argument I will try to make in my paper I just do not know how well it will go...

No comments:

Post a Comment